Mon 24
Development Team
E Machaya (4'), (29'), (33'), J Revell (12'), J White (15'), F Joe (72')
Development side hit six at home to Ware

Development side hit six at home to Ware

By Chris Ward
Share via

Blues back on track with three points against Ware - By Drew Kendall

Bury Town Under-23s cruised to three points, thanks to five unanswered goals to go 5-1 up at the break against visiting Ware at the Denny Bros Stadium

However, the Blues fell behind on the third minute, as Ware squared the ball into the box, from the left byline where Rookard at the near post found the far corner. An instant response from Bury, though, meant that the lead lasted a minute, as a corner in on the left was headed towards goal at the far post, where Machaya headed the ball over the line. Addison then had an 18-yard strike blocked, on nine minutes, followed by a Bury second goal four minutes later. Machaya found Ince running through down the right wing on the counter, who then teed up Josh Revell outside the box, who slotted the ball into the bottom right corner! Quickfire goals to say the least, as the first four goals came within fifteen minutes, with another corner on the left being fired towards the left corner, from the back post. ‬

‪Although the ball was cleared off the line, another Bury shot was then sent towards the opposite corner, but was again cleared off the line. Despite the scramble, Joe White eventually stabbed the ball home from close range to make it 3-1. Three minutes later, Machaya had a chance to make it 4-1, but his shot, from outside the box, went wide off the right post. The young Blues dominated the first half, and reaped the rewards, but not before the home side hit the far post from the, left, edge off the box, on 20 minutes. Town then had another shot denied, as Gibbs found Machaya through on the left-hand side inside the box- with 27 minutes gone. Unfortunately though, his shot was blocked. Bury then won a penalty on the twenty-eighth minute, as Machaya was brought down in the box. ‬

‪The striker stepped up himself, to slot home into the bottom right corner, to give Bury a three goal lead, just before the half-an-hour mark. Ware then had a chance to reduce the hosts' lead, on the counter, but Bugg came off his line well to put the shot behind his near post, for a corner with 31 minutes gone. With exactly ten first half minutes to go, Bury won another penalty as Tommy Robinson was fouled on the left byline, inside the box. Hat-trick Hero Machaya steeped up again, to once more send the keeper the wrong way, as he dispatched the second spotkick into the bottom right corner. ‬

‪The visitors reacted positively, a minute later, as they won a corner on the right. Despite leaping well above the defender at the far post, the header was straight forward for Bugg. Bury then had two shots kept out by the visiting keeper, on 40 minutes, with the first falling to Machaya. The No.9's shot from the right-hand side in the box was saved well by the keeper down at his near post, as the second saw Addison's curler palmed away from the keeper. The two Bury players then linked up for the final shot of the opening 45 minutes, but Addison's shot, inside the box, was blocked. ‬

Half Time: Bury Town Under-23s 5-1 Ware Under-23s

Bury started the second half in control of proceedings, with Ince's cross into the box being headed wide by White at the near post, on 47 minutes. Four minutes later, the visitors hit back, but their shot on the right side inside the box went wide off the far post. Robinson then had a free-kick for Bury, on the left edge of the Ware area, but hit it over the far post, with 7 second half minutes played. Ware then had another go at goal, this time from outside the box but hit it wide off Bugg's right post, on 62 minutes. Two minutes later, again the visitors fired wide but this time their shot, on the left inside the box, missed the far post. Bury continued to hunt for a sixth goal, though, as Revell set Ince through on the right inside the box.

However, the full-back could only fire over the bar, on 66 minutes. Six minutes later, Bury did make it 6-1 thanks to a superb through ball from Revell set Joe through, one-on-one with the keeper as the substitute slotted past the onrushing stopper. Bugg was then forced into a routine save, on 79 minutes, as a shot from the edge of the box went straight at the home goalkeeper. Then with 8 minutes remaining, Revell found Kennedy free on the right wing. The captain's ball in found the head of Brown, who could only send the ball wide. Credit to Ware, who fought for a consolation, and got it in superb style, with 7 minutes left to play. An absolutely fantastic strike, by Rookard, from the left edge of the box flew past the rooted Bugg, and into the top far corner. The Blues could've still made it 7-2 on 86 minutes, but were unlucky that the ball went not far wide of the target. The visitors concluded the notable action, as they had a shot blocked outside the box, on 88 minutes, as Bury ran out deserved winners to go up to fourth for the time being.

Full Time: Bury Town Under-23s 6-2 Ware Under-23s‬

Match Report by Drew Kendall

Share via

Match details

Match date

Mon 24, Sep 2018