First Team
Sat 30 Mar 2024  ·  North
Bury Town Football Club
First Team
C Ramadan (25'), O Canfer (34'), L Brown (43')
Felixstowe & Walton United
J Mayhew (17'), H Barley (50'), (52')
A Pulsating game sees Felixstowe come from two goals behind to share the points

A Pulsating game sees Felixstowe come from two goals behind to share the points

john alcock31 Mar - 07:37
Share via

Bury Town let a two-goal advantage slip as Henry Barley nets two goals in two minutes for Felixstowe

Bury Town went on the attack from the start in front of a huge crowd of 1,285. On 5 minutes Cemal Ramadan set up Luke Brown to shoot but his effort went wide of the far post.
On 7 minutes a Bury corner played in by Ed Upson was headed over the bar by Joseph Carroll. After a bright start to the half from Bury it was Felixstowe who took the lead against the run of play when Stuart Ainsley put a good cross into the box and found Joshua Mayhew, who was unmarked in the box, and he headed home from close range.
Bury kept on the front foot and on 25 minutes Cemal Ramadan pulled the home side level with a low strike from inside the box. On 34 minutes some exceptional work out on the wing by Max Maughn gave him the opportunity to set up Ollie Canfer to fire Bury in front.
On 36 minutes it was Felixstowe who went on the attack with Callum Bennett sending Ben Fowkes on his way but two Bury defenders were on him in a flash and won the ball back.
Bury went further ahead on 43 minutes when a Luke Brown free kick was spilled by the 'keeper and the ball crept away from him and into the bottom corner of the net.
On 45 minutes Bury had another attack which saw a clever back heal by Cemal Ramadan find Oliver Yun who broke into the box but some good cover play from Felixstowe denied the chance.

Half Time: Bury Town 3 Felixstowe & Walton United 1

The second half it was Felixstowe that came out on the attack and with a purpose. Felixstowe made their intentions clear early in the half with Callum Harrison hitting a shot from just outside the box which went over the bar.
Then on 50 minutes Ben Fowkes fought hard to get down the wing and cross the ball in for Henry Barley to slot home. On 52 minutes Felixstowe continued to attack, this time Ben Fowkes got down the wing again and brought the ball inside and found the space to shoot and his effort went inches wide of the far post.
Then a half clearance from Bury fell to Henry Barley and his strike from distance beat the Bury 'keeper to complete the comeback for Felixstowe.
On 56 minutes Ollie Canfer tried to get Bury going again when his through ball almost found Cemal Ramadan in the box but the defence were on hand to stop the move. On 59 minutes Bury had a great chance to retake the lead when a long throw in by Joseph Carroll was picked up by Joe White and his strike was on its way in but for an excellent save from Joshua Blunkell.
On 60 minutes another long throw in from Joseph Carroll found Luke Brown and his first-time strike from distance went just wide of the far post. A competitive game ended all square but Bury will feel they should have gone on to win the game but Felixstowe never gave up second half and ensured the points were at least shared.

Full Time: Bury Town 3 Felixstowe & Walton United 3
Bury Town Star Man : Ed Upson
Match Rating : 4
Attendance : 1,285