Sat 28
Lincoln United
First Team
S Matthews (29')
C Ramadan (3'), O Hughes (24'), J Robson (81')
Bury Town make it through to the next round of the FA Trophy

Bury Town make it through to the next round of the FA Trophy

By Chris Ward
Share via

Lincoln United (A)

Bury Town make it through to the next round of the FA Trophy

Bury Town’s impressive start to the season continues as they recorded another win, this time at Lincoln United in the Preliminary Round of the FA Trophy. Bury did not take long to make their mark as they took the lead on just 3 minutes. Ollie Hughes breaking down forward and finding Cemal Ramadan who had a tap in from close range to give Blues the lead. Bury had another chance on 12 minutes with Ryan Stafford getting down the wing to cross into the box for Hughes to head on to Ramadan but his shot was blocked. A good spell of possession from Lincoln should have led to an equalizer on 16 minutes but Kallum Smith shot wide from close range. Bury keeper Daniel Barden showed safe hands on 21 minutes punching the ball away after a corner went close to goal. Bury went two goals to the good on 24 minutes with Ryan Jolland crossing the ball into the box which beat the 'keeper and Ollie Hughes sliding in at the far post put the ball in the back of the net. Lincoln forced another good save from Barden on 28 minutes after a good cross into the box. Lincoln pulled a goal back on 29 minutes after Scott Matthews shot from distance took a huge deflection and looped high over Barden and into the back of the net giving the Bury keeper no chance. Lincoln had a chance to pull level on 35 minutes, but Mark Gray headed over the bar from inside the six-yard box. Lincoln kept the pressure on Bury for the rest of the half but Bury were still ahead at the break.

Half Time: Lincoln United 1 Bury Town 2

Bury continued to make chances after the interval. On 48 minutes Ollie Hughes broke into the box as was one on one with the 'keeper but Michael Emery made a good stop. Jarid Robson was lively all afternoon and on 52 minutes he put a cross into the box for Cemal Ramadan who was unmarked, but the wet conditions made the ball spin of his foot and the ball was cleared. Robson had a chance of his own on 58 minutes went Jake Chambers Shaw put a free kick to the far post for Robson who headed just wide. Bury had a goal disallowed on 60 minutes after the 'keeper had dropped the ball but the match official saw something in the build-up and ruled the goal out. Hughes went on a run in to the box on 70 minutes but a foot in from Mark Gray took the chance away. On 73 minutes a neat ball through the defence from Ryan Horne found Ramadan in on the 'keeper but Emery made a good stop at his near post. An attack from Lincoln on 77 minutes saw Harry Millard head over the bar. Bury killed the game off on 81 minutes with Chambers Shaw whipping in a free kick to Robson who slid the ball under the 'keeper Emery and into the back of the net. Bury finished the game strongly and took the win to go through to the next round of the FA Trophy and set up a tie with Soham Town Rangers.

Full Time: Lincoln United 1 Bury Town 3

Share via

Match details

Match date

Sat 28, Sep 2019