Change:  Move to:
25.08.2018 at 15:00 Capershotts Stadium Attendance: 128
Waltham Abbey
0 - 2
Bury Town
Referee: FA Cup-match

None Ollie Hughes (41)
Ollie Hughes (45)
Opening squads
Arthur Janata
Greig Stewart
Rimmel Daniel
George Winn
Ross Dedman
James Goode
Ellis Brown
Joe Christou
Charlie Stimson
Ronnie Winn
Billy Holland
Alex Rossis
Jake Kerins
Ryan Stafford
Ian Miller
Kyran Clements
Jake Chambers Shaw
Ryan Jolland
John Kennedy
Ollie Hughes
Ryan Horne
Ryan Gibbs
Ibrahim Kehinde
Ricky Brennan
Timothy Ogunrinde
Dylan Caramba coker
Nathan warren
James Crease
Joe White
Ryan Yallop
Gareth Simpson
Tanner Call
Emmanuel Machaya
Caramba coker on for Stewart (53)
Kehinde on for Brown (67)
Tanner Call -> Ryan Gibbs (81)
Gareth Simpson -> John Kennedy (89)
James Crease -> Jake Chambers Shaw (95)
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
None None.
Match report | Preview
Captain leads the way as Bury go through to the next round of the FA Cup

Captain fantastic Ollie Hughes put in a man of the match performance and bagged a brace of top class goals. Bury looked good all over the pitch as the new look squad start to gel together. Waltham were dangerous with every break upfield and with just 5 mins on the clock Billy Holland put a delightful ball in to the path of Ronnie Winn who was in on goal but skewed his shot well wide of the target. On 7 minutes Ryan Jolland powered through in to the box for Bury and found Jake Kerins in a shooting position but he was tripped up and sent sprawling to the ground. The Ref was not impressed and waved play on. Waltham broke forward on 13 minutes with Joe Christou going deep before putting a good cross in to the box for Ronnie Winn but a solid clearance from Ian Millar ended the chance. Another close call penalty shout for Bury came on 24 minutes, Kyran Clements played a quality long ball up the wing for Hughes to run on to. Hughes worked the ball in to the box and was tripped up but again the Ref was not interested, and the game continued. The opening goal of the game came from a hard-working Ollie Hughes on 41 minutes. Picking up the ball Hughes ran the wing and at the edge of the box placed his shot low past the hand of outstretched keeper Arthur Janata and in to the far bottom corner. Hughes was not finished there. 4 minutes later in a similar move Hughes again ran the wing and hit another pin point strike low past Janata and in off the far post.

Half Time: Waltham Abbey 0 Bury Town 2

Second half Waltham came out determined to get back in to the game and with the introduction from the bench of Micheal Pindy on 53 minutes Waltham looked up for the challenge ahead. On 64 minutes Waltham’s Ellis Brown put a good cross in to the box for Charlie Stimson but his shot sailed over the bar. a minutes later Pindy showed pace and was in on goal but a brave John Kennedy through himself in front of the powerfully hit strike from Pindy. On 69 minutes Pindy was again using his pace and was in on goal but put his shot over the bar from close range. A series of free kicks for Bury in dangerous areas just out side the box late in the game were defended well by the Waltham back line. On 74 minutes Ryan Jolland put his free kick in to the six-yard box but a solid header cleared the ball out of play. Another shout for a penalty for Bury came on 84 minutes with Hughes running in to the box and was tripped just as he got inside but the Ref was in no mood to give it and again waved play on. On 90 minutes Jake Chambers Shaw put his free kick in for Hughes to try for his hat trick but Hughes was stretching for it and headed wide. A good all-round team performance from Bury in an end to end game with as real feel of the FA Cup about it was won by the Blues. A game which could have gone either way but for two exceptional goals from the Bury Town Captain.

Full Time: Waltham Abbey 0 Bury Town 2