Change:  Move to:
21.11.2017 at 19:45 Ram Meadow Attendance: 161
Bury Town
1 - 1
(8 - 7 PEN.)
Newmarket Town
Referee: Darren Stobbard Suffolk Premier Cup-match

Joe White (87)
Austin Diaper (74)
Opening squads
Ben Mayhew
David Cooper
Tevan Allen
Darcy Death
Joe White
Ryan Jolland
Tommy Robinson
Noel Aitkens
Joe Yaxley
Ollie Hughes
Darren Mills
Alex Archer
Simon Swinton
Jamie Thurlbourne
Michael Shinn
Adam Dalby
Nick Wilderspin
Lewis Whitehead
Jack Watson
Austin Diaper
Scott Paterson
Jordan Finneran
Luis Tibbles
Kyran Clements
Ryan Yallop
Ben Chenery
John Kennedy
Steve Spriggs
Jordan Lambert
Rogan McGeorge
Ryan Yallop -> Joe Yaxley (72)
Kyran Clements -> Darcy Death (78)
Yellow cards
David Cooper (82)
Alex Archer (77)
Red cards
None. None
Match report
Bury Town go through after late equaliser and penalty shootout

Bury Town made it through to the next round of the Suffolk Premier Cup after a late equalizer and a penalty shootout. Bury started the game on the attack with Ryan Jolland putting a corner in for Darcy Death in the box on 4 minutes but the ball went just to high to head. Another corner a minutes later saw Darren Mills head wide from inside the six-yard box. on 11 minutes Lewis Whitehead had a chance for Newmarket getting his shot away but Bury keeper Ben Mayhew made a good stop. On 19 minutes Ollie Hughes went on a run down the wing and into the box but the defence made the tackle before Hughes could strike. Scott Paterson got into the box for Newmarket on 25 minutes but a well-timed tackle from Jolland ended the chance. A thumping shot from Hughes was a real test for Newmarket keeper Alex Archer on 27 minutes but Archer did well to stop the shot with a one-handed save. On 45 minutes Hughes crossed in to the box for Mills or Tevan Allen but both missed the opportunity.

Half Time: Bury Town 0 Newmarket Town 0

Second half Bury continued to create chances. on 51 minutes Tommy Robinson went on a run trough the center and his shot was cleared only to the feet of Joe Yaxley who shot wide from the edge of the box. Hughes broke forward on 53 minutes for Bury and was one on one with the keeper but Archer was out quickly to block the strike. On 68 minutes another quality cross in from Hughes fell to the feet of Robinson but the defence cleared the ball before Robinson could get his shot away. A quick turn and low strike from inside the box from Allen on 70 minutes was met with an equally quick save from Archer to put the ball out for a corner. Newmarket went ahead on 74 minutes, confusion in the Bury box lead to Austin Diaper putting the ball past Mayhew for the opening goal. with time running out Bury were looking to be heading out of the competition but a late equalizer from Joe White heading home from a tight angle at the far post on 87 minutes sent the game to a penalty shootout. with the score tied at 4 -4 after the first 5 penalties it was sudden death and Bury won through 8-7 at the end. Scorers for Bury were Mills, Jolland, Aitkens, Allen, Hughes, White, Cooper and Yallop.

Full Time: Bury Town 1 (8) Newmarket Town 1 (7)