Change:  Move to:
23.09.2017 at 15:00 The Stadium Attendance: 130
1 - 2
Bury Town
Referee: P Forrester Bostik North Division-match

Tom Bruno (Pen) (78) Noel Aitkens (72)
Cemal Ramadan (pen.) (82)
Opening squads
Montel Joseph
Joe Clemo
Jeramie Agholor
Jack Lampe
Callum Ellesley
Luke Illsley
Adam Wallace
Tom Bruno
Jason Hallett
Carl McCluskey
Elliott Godfrey
Luis Tibbles
Ollie Fenn
Kyran Clements
Ricky Spriggs
Leon Ottley-Gooch
Ryan Jolland
Ollie Canfer
Noel Aitkens
Bradley Barber
Luke Read
Darren Mills
Johnny Ashman
Manny Osei
Ricky Brennan
David Hicks
Kyle Roberts
David Cooper
John Kennedy
Liam Wales
Cemal Ramadan
Osei on for Agholor (38)
Hicks on for Illesley (54)
Cemal Ramadan -> Ryan Jolland (69)
Liam Wales -> Luke Read (83)
Yellow cards
None None.
Red cards
Jason Hallett (85) None.
Match report | Preview
More penalty drama as The Blues take the win

A tale of two penalties both were highley contested but Bury Town came away with a valuable three point. A tough afternoon for both side as the defences were tested. On 4 minutes Noel Aitkens worked the ball down the wing ad put a low pass in to the box but the defence were first to it. Four minutes later Ryan Jolland and Bradley Barber linked up well on the left but again Ton Bruno was solid and cleared the ball. It was end to end and chances were even for most of the half and on 11 minutes Jeramie Agholor went on a run down the wing and in to the box, setting up Elliott Godfrey close to goal but Bury keeper Luis Tibbles made a comfortable save. Two minutes later Cheshunt were on the attack again. Adam Wallace getting in to the Bury box and forcing Tibbles in to another great save. On 18 minutes Bury newcomer Ricky Spriggs played a wonderful angled ball out of defence up to Jolland on the wing who was in on goal but for a block tackle from Luke Illsley. On 20 minutes, an over hit cross to the far post from Bruno had the Bury keeper stretching for the top corner as the ball went a foot wide of the angle. A brilliant double save from close range by Cheshunt keeper Montel Joseph on 21 minutes denied first Luke Read and then Darren Mills on the follow up. Chances were plentiful and on 25 minutes Cheshunt went close again with Wallace cracking a shot off the base of the far post. Bury thought they had opened the scoring on 45 minutes, Jolland put the perfect cross in for Luke Read to smash home but a very tight offside call ruled it out.

Half Time: Cheshunt 0 Bury Town 0

After the break both sides continued to press. Bury broke forward on 48 minutes and Jolland got in to the box and but his pass across the box was cleared. Tibbles was need again for Bury on 49 minutes after Substitute Manny Osei powered his way past the defence and in on goal, Tibbles was out quick to stop the strike. Aitkens broke forward for Bury on 56 minutes and put a good cross in for Mills but Joseph read the play well and was out to intercept. Kyran Clement headed of the line for Bury on 62 minutes from Osei effort. Osei should have put Cheshunt in front on 67 minutes after another good attack but his put his close range shot over the bar. It was Bury who made the breakthrough fist on 72 minutes, Aitkens down the center was clean through and placed his shot low past the oncoming keeper and in to the bottom corner. the lead was short lived as Cheshunt were awarded a penalty for a push in the back and Tom Bruno made no mistake and pulled Cheshunt level. There was more penalty drama to come on 82 minutes. Luke Read was in on goal but was fouled by Carl McCluskey. Cheshunt contested the call by the Referee and after consulting the lineman gave the spot kick and Bury substitute Cemal Ramadan fresh from his midweek penalty shootout success fired the ball past Joseph. A cautious end from Bury saw them go on to take the win and Cheshunt more than prove their low league position is only temporary.

Full Time: Cheshunt 1 Bury Town 2