Change:  Move to:
10.10.2017 at 19:45 Spa Road Attendance: 125
Witham Town
2 - 2
Bury Town
Referee: Chris Horsman Bostik North Division-match

Usman Adeniji (48)
Tom Robinson (94)
Cemal Ramadan (30)
Bradley Barber (32)
Opening squads
Lewis Moore
Patrick Ahern
Tyler Hayes
John Watson
Lance Akins
Lewis Payne
Sam Ashford
Sam Owusu
Ryan Imbert
Elliott Ronto
Usman Adeniji
Luis Tibbles
David Cooper
Joe White
Kyran Clements
Ricky Spriggs
Ryan Jolland
Tommy Robinson
Noel Aitkens
Joe Yaxley
Bradley Barber
Cemal Ramadan
Max Bradford
Liam Wipps
Tom Robinson
Kofi Gyebi
Chinedu Osadebe
Jed Wigley
John Kennedy
Ollie Hughes
Bradford on for Ronto (46)
Robinson on for Watson (79)
John Kennedy -> Tommy Robinson (79)
Yellow cards
Patrick Ahern (31)
Lewis Payne (36)
Tom Robinson (84)
Joe White (70)
Red cards
None None.
Match report | Preview
Poor second half sees Bury’s two goal lead evaporate

Bury Town could not hold on to a two goal first half lead as they were second best for most of the second half. The early exchanges were even as the two sides fought to get on top. Bury had the first good chance on 12 minutes when Bradley Barber put his free kick in deep to the far post and Ricky Spriggs was there but the ball hit his feet and was an easy save for the keeper. In the next attack it was Witham who should have opened the score when Tyler Hayes was unmarked in the box but could only blast his shot over the bar. Barber hit a wonderful strike from distance for Bury on 18 minutes which cannoned back of the bar. On 20 minutes Barber whipped in a dangerous corner for Spriggs in the box but his free header went wide of the far post. Free scoring Cemal Ramadan fired Bury in front on 30 minutes after some dogged work down the wing from Ryan Jolland. A neat pass in from Ramadan saw his turn and strike from a very tight angle to beat the keeper. Two minutes later Bury doubled their lead with a stunning free kick from Barber which curly around the wall and the keeper and nestled in to the far side of the net. Bury were starting to get going and on 37 minutes another free kick from Barber smashed against the bar. Bury finished the half strong and Ramadan had a chance on 45 minutes having his shot cleared of the line.

Half Time: Witham Town 0 Bury Town 2

Bury looked a different side after the break. Witham pushed them back from the start and it was not long before the home side got the early goal that lifted them for the remainder of the game. with the ball bouncing around the box it fell kindly for Usman Adeniji to smash past Luis Tibbles to half the deficit. Witham closed Bury down at every opportunity and it was the home side that took control of the game. on 63 minutes Adeniji was through on goal and should have equalized but Tibbles was out quick to intercept and Adeniji put this shot in to the side netting. Joe White made a tackle from behind on 70 minutes which could have seen the youngster sent off but a yellow was shown. Much to the disgust of the Home Manager who ran on to the pitch to protest and was consequently sent off himself. Chance was scarce from Bury as the game went on and Witham could sense they could get something from this game. On 80 minutes Witham Substitute Max Bedford hit a good strike from distance which whistled past the far post. Bury were hanging on at the end but could not hold on long enough as Witham grabbed a deserved equalizer. With the last chance of the game another Witham substitute Tom Robinson was on hand to slot home another loose ball in the Bury box on 94 minutes. Bury were cruising at half time but a good team performance from Witham ensured the point were shared at the final whistle.

Full Time: Witham Town 2 Bury Town 2