Change:  Move to:
04.10.2016 at 19:45 Ram Meadow Attendance: 254
Bury Town
1 - 2
Referee: Paul Burnham Ryman Division 1 North-match

Nick Ingram (52)
Chinedu McKenzie (58)
Will Green (71)
Opening squads
Neil O`Sullivan
Andrew Cusack
Tevan Allen
Tom Debenham
Kyran Clements
Remi Garrett
Ryan Jolland
Ollie Canfer
Noel Aitkens
Bradley Barber
Nick Ingram
Callum Chafer
Ryan Boswell
Paul Preston
James Ishmail
Tom Potter
Ayodeji Olukoga
Ryan Mallett
Jonathan Adebay
Chinedu McKenzie
Asher Modeste
Will Green
Phil Weavers
Darcy Death
John Kennedy
Luke Read
Sam Reed
Matt Toms
Ashley Bankole
David Manu
Nick Reynolds
Danny Cossington
Phil Weavers -> Kyran Clements (46)
Sam Reed -> Ryan Jolland (56)
Darcy Death -> Andrew Cusack (65)
Yellow cards
Noel Aitkens (74)
James Ishmail (51)
Ryan Boswell (80)
Red cards
None. None
Match report | Preview
Bury Town miss out on chance to go top

Bury struggled to find their recent form against a well-organized Romford side and miss out on the chance to go top of the league. Romford took the game to Bury from the start, on 7 minutes a good attacking move saw Will Green shot wide from inside the box. Bury had their first chance on 12 minutes when Ollie Canfer hit a shot from distance that went just wide of the far post. A minute later Remi Garrett broke down the wing and crossed in for Canfer but the keeper read it well and intercepted the cross with a good jump and catch. Garrett had a chance of his own for Bury on 18 minutes after Andrew Cusack got down the wing and his cross went to an un marked Garrett just outside the box but again the chance was missed as Garrett shot wide. Romford closed Bury down quickly and stopped Bury from getting in to their rhythm and on 20 minutes Asher Madeste had a chance for Romford but his soft header was an easy catch for Bury keeper Neil O’Sullivan. On 26 minutes Chinedu McKenzie got past Tevan Allen and went on in to the box but O’Sullivan was brave saving at feet before he could strike. Bury had to wait until the 38 minutes for their first shot to really test the Romford keeper when Nick Ingram got through on goal and hit a solid strike but the keeper made a good save to kept the scores level at the break.

Half Time: Bury Town 0 Romford 0

Second half Bury added to their injury problems with Kyran Clement, Andrew Cusack, Ryan Jolland and Sam Reed all leaving the field with injuries. A patched up Bury side struggled up front but kept pressing when they could. On 47 minutes Phil Weaver played a great ball over the defence for Canfer to run on to. Canfer was on his own and in on goal but put his shot wide of the far post. On 50 minutes Modeste had another chance for Romford hitting a powerful shot just wide after a good attacking move from the visitors. Bury opened the scoring on 52 minutes, Bradley Barber put his corner in to the box and Weaver headed against the post and Nick Ingram tapped in the rebound at close range. Burys lead did not last long, on 58 minutes’ poor defending from a cross left McKenzie un marked to hit the equalizer for Romford. McKenzie had another chance 2 minutes later working the ball in to the box but this time O’Sullivan made a good save. Romford kept the pressure on Bury and took the lead on 71 minutes another defensive error from a cross left Will Green un marked in the box and Green fired Romford in front. Bury finished the game with ten men as substitute Sam Reed left the pitch injured. Bradley Barber went close on 81 minutes putting his free kick from just outside the box inches over the bar. Romford took the win at the final whistle and for Bury their injury problems continue to force changes and unsettle the squad.

Full Time: Bury Town 1 Romford 2